Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

Advent Resources




I had a hard time finding things I could use with the girls for advent, so I'm working on my own. It's definitely a work in progress, but I'm starting a binder where everything is broken down by day so I'll be more likely to use it! That means crafts, snacks, information about saints, and the readings for the Jesse tree. There aren't too many that are Orthodox and 52 days, so here's what I've come up with. I will surely tweak it as I go, and feel free to let me know any revisions that need to be made! I'll add links to crafts and recipes we are using this year as we get ready to do them, and I'll put up the rest of the things I am working on soon. Here's a simplified Akathist to the Nativity of Christ. It is a beautiful prayer, but was way too complicated for my girls. This one is 7 pages if you're printing. *added note-I did send this to two of our priests first and they approved the wording!* I wanted information on Saints to read through the season. This is, of course, not even close to all of them, but it is a good number of saints and feast day information. I got the idea from manymercies.blogspot.com, which is a wonderful site, though I did my own so that I could put them in the order I wanted them. This file is around 70 pages. I also wanted all the readings matched up to our Jesus Storybook Bible (which is not Orthodox, but we really like) and broken down by day. This was really a cut and paste job, so I know it'll need cleaning up. It is a large file, over 100 pages. And lastly, I couldn't find any simple Jesse ornaments that had all 52, so I drew them myself. They are not nearly perfect, and they are NOT in order (sorry). But, they're functional. There are also a few saints at the end because my paper had extra circles. Feel free to use any of these materials in a non-commercial way for your kids or Sunday school kids, etc.
I hope you enjoy these materials!

1 comments: